Financial Aid Counselor
- - Financial Aid
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 18.00 - 20.00
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Guide current students and parents throughout the financial aid process in pursuit of first and subsequent degrees.
- Exercise independent professional judgment with minimal supervision to counsel students on optimal financial package based on individual circumstances.
- Represent the financial aid department at monthly Open House events and convey advice on how to secure tuition and living expenses to students and parents.
- Work closely with the Management to research, analyze, implement, and update the Financial Aid strategies for students based on specific socioeconomic background.
- Serve as a financial aid content expert for the school, working with all departments to ensure accurate understanding of issues, handling of questions and review of documents.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, accreditation standards and professional guidelines regarding student enrollment and financial aid.
- Contact incoming students to secure documents necessary to complete files and verification.
- Coordinate efforts with student and lender in relation to private loans.
- Counsel students and parents on PLUS applications, including denial options.
- Enter all correspondence and communication with students into CampusVue system.
- Ensure students do not exceed cost of education limits.
- Comply with federal regulations as outlined in Department of Education handbook.
- Offsite training as necessary to stay current on all Financial Aid issues.
- Maintain touchpoint process with each student for regular contact prior to start.
Minimum Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in Financial Aid industry preferred but not required.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution is highly recommend but not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Mac equivalent).
- Self-motivated and able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously among changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively and positively communicate with a customer-service oriented attitude.
- Professional, upbeat, social and dependable
- Creative problem solver who works well in a team environment
- Applicant must not currently be or have been in default on student loans
The Los Angeles Film School https://lafilm.myexacthire.com