Alumni Relations Manager
- - Career Development
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
- Supervise Career Development Alumni Relations Team.
- Complete annual performance evaluations for assigned team members.
- Create and maintain a fiscally sound Alumni Relations budget.
- Source and secure guest speakers for Career Development special events.
- Ascertain and recommend tools for the further development of departmental processes, brand development, and resources (publications, marketing materials, software, website presence, etc.).
- Develop and manage communication tools and resources for alumni base.
- Create copy for materials to be furnished to the target audience.
- Serve as an ambassador for the School, as needed.
- Additional duties and assignments as assigned by the Vice President of Career Development.
- Conduct ongoing alumni outreach and correspondence to monitor employment status and collect detailed data. Research and track professional accomplishments of graduates.
- Compile detailed lists of award wins and nominations for alumni throughout the industry. Share these lists with relevant departments within the School, including Marketing and Admissions.
- Act as a Career Development intermediary in providing service on behalf of the Career Advisors outside of their main advising responsibilities.
- Document all conversations in CareerConnect (in-person, telephone, email).
- Manage and maintain Alumni Directory in CareerConnect.
- Lead monthly graduation rehearsals and graduation ceremonies.
- Disseminate information to graduates regarding graduation rehearsals and graduation ceremonies.
- Produce and oversee informational alumni surveys.
- Supervise alumni card creation and distribution for graduates.
- Supervise the restoration of the School's auditing program. Coordinate efforts with the Education Department and the Office of Registrar to process and approve alumni auditing applications.
- Establish, manage, and market alumni benefits as determined by the School's executive board.
- Collaborate with the Career Development team to deliver and work special events, such as Career Fairs, Workshops, Information Sessions, etc.
- Liaison and collaborate with faculty and staff; actively contribute to inter-departmental and/or company-wide meetings and projects, as needed.
- Maintain weekly hybrid office hours to establish/maintain relationships with students, alumni and faculty.
LAFS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
- Oversee LAFS Alumni Association's progress and work in conjunction with the organization to produce quarterly events, including Alumni Mixers and Marketplaces.
- Recruit, manage and oversee internal and external advisory boards, with appropriate term limits as stated in bylaws.
- Revise and update bylaws, as needed.
- Supervise, schedule, and manage advisory board meetings.
- Maintain records and notes related to advisory board activities.
- Utilize Alumni Association events to connect with graduates in cohort and assist in facilitating necessary paperwork for ACCSC and BPPE employment verification goals.
- Utilize Alumni Association as a resource for employer referrals and CareerConnect job board.
- Lead candidate selection process for Spotlight Academy.
- Participate in event planning committee and host the Spotlight Award Ceremony, in conjunction with the School's Events Department.
- Assist with promotional materials and pre-interviews with Spotlight Academy inductees.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Spotlight Award recipients to identify potential areas of service and opportunity for our graduates.
- Source relationships with successful legacy alumni to cultivate internship and job leads in the entertainment industry for recent graduates.
- Attend industry seminars, conventions, events and conferences (as requested).
- Stay current on industry/hiring trends.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the entertainment industry and/or higher education.
- Strong understanding of target audience needs.
- In-depth knowledge of the systems, processes, terminologies, and trends of the entertainment industry.
- Prior experience in sales and marketing.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Teaching/coaching/advisement and/or public speaking.
- Prior experience in an office environment.
- Previous experience hiring, onboarding, or recruiting.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong grammar and correspondence skills.
- Strong proficiency with PC and Mac (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Keynote); ability to learn new programs as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse alumni population.
- Position requires discretion, patience, compassion, confidentiality, and tactful issue resolution.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management, multi-tasking, and follow-through.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple, quick deadlines, and handle shifting priorities.
- Ability to remain current on industry trends, technology, craft, and hiring trends.
- Ability to read (and anticipate) target audience needs.
- Skills of liaison, generation, and maintenance of synergistic business relationships.
- Strong customer service skills, including the ability to swiftly resolve alumni issues.
Measurement of Success:
- Graduate satisfaction and communication.
- Alumni Association membership rates and retention.
- Demonstrate ability to manage project efforts from end-to-end and report on same consistently to Vice President.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to improve value to the Department, Programs, and School as a whole.
- Results of Annual Performance Evaluation, as dictated by supervisor.
The Los Angeles Film School https://lafilm.myexacthire.com