- - Accounting
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
The School is seeking to bring a Payroll Staff to join our growing team. This position will be part of the Business Office department reporting to the Business Operations Associate Director. This role requires a detail-oriented individual who can handle multiple deadlines and priorities with a high level of accuracy. Individual must be a self-starter, have strong communication and problem-solving skills and has a working knowledge of State labor laws and Accounting.
- Processes payroll for over 600+ employees of the School including, but not limited to, review of timesheets and labor distribution reports.
- Prepares month-end payroll journal entries including payroll and PTO accruals, payroll related reclassifications and payroll bank reconciliation items.
- Review detailed payroll reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Generates and prepares various payroll reports, including vacation reports, overtime reports and employee headcount reports.
- Create manual check requests for terminations and pay adjustments.
- Respond to all employees' inquiries in a timely and respectful manner.
- Maintains appropriate controls, including verifying Human Resources (HR) changes to the payroll system, comparing roster of employees to pay register, etc.
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality for all employee payroll and personnel records.
- Evaluate payroll best practices to identify opportunities for increased effectiveness, efficiency, compliance and quality customer service.
- Enforce established payroll related policies, procedures and regulations and adherence to School and Governmental policies.
- Assists in yearend audits and tax reviews including W2.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a business-related course, preferred
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in Payroll with a working knowledge of labor laws, accounting and cost center structure
- Basic to advanced computer skills required (Excel, Word, spreadsheet and formula-vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Strong time management, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills with the proven ability to analyze processes and suggest and implements new processes for continued improvement
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and able to monitor own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance
- Dependable, can follow instructions and responds to management direction, meet productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner
- Excellent customer service
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and plan work activities and uses time efficiently
- Open and willing to learn and adapt well to changes and pressures in the workplace including dealing with frequent change, delays and unexpected events
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
The Los Angeles Film School https://lafilm.myexacthire.com