Audio Support Associate
- - Information Technology
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 18.00 - 20.00
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
Purpose: The Audio Support Associate is responsible for providing operational and technical support to our students and our faculty in our Bachelor and Associate of Music and Audio Productions programs. This role will assist with audio equipment checkout for students and faculty who are working in Production and Project studios for recording sessions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service for students, faculty, and staff, including tier 1 tech support for hardware and software.
- Distribute equipment from ER lending inventory.
- Manage schedules for studios and student sessions.
- Ensure studios are fully operational including regular testing.
- Ensure studios are clean and well organized before, between and after sessions.
- Tier 1 Troubleshooting of studios and classrooms, including repair of cables, patch bays, and interconnects.
- Tier 1 Mac, MacOS installation, licensing and troubleshooting,
- Escalate and report any unresolved problems to relevant personnel, vendor and ticketing system.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inventory control: periodic inventory, audits, and report any losses or discrepancies.
- Report student policy violations to the relevant Program Director and LAFS Security.
- Work with instructors to ensure proper equipment use, as well as collaborate on future needs.
- Help enforce Equipment Room standards and policies
- Keep accurate record of equipment check-ins and outs
- Ability to do light repair work, soldering and basic knowledge of multi-meters and cable testers.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment interacting with a diverse group of users.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, faculty, and students.
- Good communication and organization skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented, self-starter, with a friendly, positive attitude.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate Degree or higher preferred.
- Experience with pro audio studios, microphones, outboard audio equipment, large format recording consoles, digital control surfaces, and digital audio interfaces.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton, Adobe CC, Google Suite, and Mac OS X
Environmental Factors are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Ambient noise from studio sessions and seminars
- Fluorescent lighting
- Frequent use of tech devices, such as barcode scanners and computers
Physical Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, and assemble studio equipment
- Physical ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person, by telephone, or through virtual meetings
Emotional and Mental Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Stress may be caused by assisting multiple projects with equipment at one time, dealing with patrons who exhibit negative behavior, and last minute requests.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team