Film Support Associate
- - Information Technology
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
Purpose: The Film Support Associate is responsible for providing operational and technical support to our students and our faculty in our Bachelor and Associate of Film programs. This role will assist with sound stage management, grip and electric, camera, and audio equipment checkout for students and faculty who are working on Film projects on the offsite, or on the 7 sound stages we manage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support inventory review and maintenance of all gear and supplies housed within the Equipment Room.
- Log and report all incoming calls, emails and verbal requests from Staff, Students and guests related to equipment rentals, issues and needs.
- Assist in check out and return of student and faculty equipment.
- Perform maintenance and repairs of equipment and stock materials used within and provided by the Equipment Room
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform clerical duties.
- Research trends and real-world usage of film equipment, including cameras, audio, lights and grip/electric equipment.
- Work with instructors to ensure proper equipment use, as well as collaborate on future needs and equipment purchases.
- Help enforce Equipment Room standards and policies
- Keep accurate record of equipment check-ins and outs
- Advanced familiarity with production gear (including but not limited to cameras, sound, grip equipment, lighting, and expendables)
- Strong customer service skills and a professional's work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, faculty, and students.
- Good communication and organization skills, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented, self-starter, with a friendly, positive attitude
- Bilingual (Preferred)
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree in film or video, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years in an on-set or film rental house experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Class C Driver's license
- Database/Inventory software
- Scheduling software
- Knowledge of video formats and signal flow
Environmental Factors are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Entrance is parallel to parking garage entrance
- Air quality affected by cars entering and exiting the space
- Front area is subject to cold, heat, and humidity depending on the season
- Frequent use of tech devices, such as barcode scanners and computers
Physical Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, and assemble equipment carts
- Physical ability to stand and move around for long periods of time
- Ladder use may be required
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person, by telephone, or through virtual meetings
Emotional and Mental Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Stress may be caused by having multiple projects with equipment check-outs at one time, dealing with patrons who exhibit negative behavior, and last minute requests.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team