Campus Admissions Representative
- - Admissions
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
The Los Angeles Film School, a leader in Higher Education Entertainment Arts education, currently has openings in the Admissions Department.
Admission Representatives work to support the Los Angeles Film School in identifying qualified applicants for admission to the College. Admissions Reps provide applicants with information about our school and degree programs, guiding potential students through the application process; all while operating in compliance with state and federal accreditation and institutional policies and within the parameters of ethical codes of conduct.
Admissions Reps immerse themselves with a high volume of phone calls to prospective students in response to program inquiries, as well as setting appointments and conducting interviews, however unlike a call center or a traditional outbound sales position, LAFS Admissions Reps do not conduct cold-calls but instead return calls, text and email inquiries from potential future students. In addition, Admission Representatives follow up with potential students securing the necessary paperwork for student files prior to enrollment, and promptly answer all questions in order to ensure a high level of customer service and student satisfaction.
Our Admissions Reps typically work from our campus in Hollywood, California, however due to COVID restrictions, the Los Angeles Film School will provide the employee with the required technology needed to perform effectively in this role from the employees home.
Key Job Elements for Success in this position:
- Accurately and completely explain educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial considerations to prospective students, parents, and other internal and external clients.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity to meet daily and weekly service goals and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible or unrealistic career aspirations.
- Inquire with all students and prospective students about referrals.
- Schedule and conduct interviews, and assist candidates who are qualified for enrollment to meet their educational goals within their specified timeframe.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including Admission Representative training, and daily stand-up meetings.
- Other duties, as assigned, that reinforce personal and departmental efficiency and effectiveness.
Required Experience and Competencies:
- Growing competency with education terminology and matriculation procedures and policies.
- Bachelor Degree preferred or 2 years of service (B2B or B2C) experience needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Mac equivalent).
- Self-motivated with proven success in dealing with consumers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized in their daily duties.
This position is a Full Time Hourly Non-Exempt position. Business operations are typically Mon-Fri, 8:30a – 6p, with one Saturday per month dedicated to an Open House events (Overtime wages apply).
Extensive training is provided for the position as we focus on creating successful outcomes for of each LAFS employee.
Our MISSION, ACCREDITATION, LICENSING AND APPROVALS
The mission of The Los Angeles Film School is to inspire students with an inventive method of education that concentrates on preparation for career opportunities in the entertainment industry. We do this with a curriculum that integrates technical knowledge with artistic exploration and creativity, taught by a staff of industry professionals. Our education is delivered through reflective teaching methods and hands on learning. Our programs are designed to immerse aspiring talent in industry practices and current technologies, enabling them to discover their individual voices through collaboration and realize their career goals in the entertainment industry.
The Los Angeles Film School is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). ACCSC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. The Los Angeles Recording School is a Division of The Los Angeles Film School.