Audio Tech Manager
- - Information Technology
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- $60000 - $65000
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
Purpose: The Audio Tech Manager is responsible for providing operational and technical support to our students and our faculty in our Bachelor and Associate of Music and Audio Productions programs. This role will manage the Audio Support Team and assist faculty and students who are working in the audio studios for recording sessions. They will also help plan and execute projects, and work with Education on new and ongoing initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage technical staff that are responsible for classrooms, and studio setup and maintenance.
- Assign and coordinate work assignments and resolution of critical technical and procedural problems.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to facilitate and coordinate the delivery of technical services.
- Ensure acceptable levels of equipment/software performance in classrooms and studios. This task involves a high degree of technical knowledge and effective management procedures within the Technical Services team.
- Assure that software and firmware is current as needed and appropriate. Works with vendors to request and schedule upgrades and with school technical staff to support the upgrades.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stay current with technological developments related to computer hardware, software, as well as the latest trends in audio equipment and techniques.
- Develop plans, procedures, and activities to support vendor agreements, spare parts, and equipment.
- Work with IMT Leadership to develop a strategy for system backup and recovery for when problems occur.
- Maintain technical and operational documentation.
- Assist and advise on strategy for inventory management.
- Create Schedules and Approve Timecards for Audio Support Staff.
- May require you to be on call or work outside of normal scheduled hours.
- Highly-resourceful with strong emotional intelligence and self-motivation.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff, faculty, and students.
- Results / action –oriented; project management skills.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity, and trust.
- Ability to motivate direct reports to achieve goals.
- A deep understanding of studio management, including maintenance, scheduling and design
- Technical knowledge of audio gear, including consoles, patch bays, microphones, monitors, and musical instuments
- Good communication and organization skills, both written and verbal
Education and/or Experience:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of audio gear at the component level.
- Audio Engineering/Recording
- Management experience is required.
- Extensive experience with OS X and Apple hardware platforms, Avid Pro Tools, both operating and designing systems, Apple Logic Pro X, Ableton Live as well as strong Microsoft Office skills.
Environmental Factors are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Ambient noise from studio sessions and seminars
- Fluorescent lighting
- Frequent use of tech devices, such as barcode scanners and computers
- Dust and fumes
- Sharp cables
Physical Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble small objects
- Use of sharp and/or heated tools may be required
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- May need to handle hazardous materials and equipment
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, and assemble studio equipment
- Physical ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person, by telephone, or through virtual meetings
Emotional and Mental Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Stress may be caused by having to prioritize multiple projects at one time, dealing with patrons who exhibit negative behavior, and last minute requests.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a team
- Mindfully perform corrective counseling