Financial Aid Processor
- - Financial Aid
- Winter Park, FL, USA
- 18.00 - 20.00
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Create all Financial Aid paperwork for the students
- Package all approved Financial Aid awards in CampusVue
- Process verification for all selected students
- Complete and submit files for audit
- Resolve outstanding file issues
- Provide updates to Financial Aid Management on the status of outstanding students
- Exercise independent professional judgment with minimal supervision to counsel students on optimal financial package based on individual circumstances
- Represent the financial aid department at monthly Open House events and convey advice on how to secure tuition and living expenses to students and parents
- Work closely with Financial Aid Management to research, analyze, implement, and update the enrollment strategies for students based on specific socioeconomic background
- Serve as a financial aid content expert for the school, working with all departments to ensure accurate understanding of issues, handling of questions and review of documents
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, accreditation standards and professional guidelines regarding financial aid
Minimum Required Experience and Qualifications:
- One year of experience working in financial aid, education, or customer service.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution is highly recommend but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of USDOE rules and regulations.
- Experience working in CampusVue database.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or Mac equivalent).
- Self-motivated and able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously among changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively and positively communicate with a customer-service oriented attitude.
- Professional, upbeat, social and dependable
- Creative problem solver who works well in a team environment
- Applicant must not currently be or have been in default on student loans
The Los Angeles Film School https://lafilm.myexacthire.com