Online Instructor - Compositing
- - Education
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
The Los Angeles Film School is looking for a creative and dynamic individual with a background in Compositing to teach VFX Compositing courses and at least one other related course in the Animation program. The ideal candidate would be able to teach across various related subjects.
Online Instructors are industry professionals developing and teaching a curriculum that integrates technical knowledge with artistic exploration and creativity to provide an immersive learning experience for students. Our online learning environment utilizes interactive and web-based media with a variety of video content, project work and assignments, discussion boards, quizzes, instructor-led live sessions, and significant one-on-one student interaction. In addition, online faculty are expected to provide supportive coaching and mentoring to students, helping students learn and grow throughout the program. Currently, the position is entirely remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an instructor for assigned courses or course sections
- Perform all Online Faculty responsibilities with a high degree of quality and professionalism
- Provide expertise in assigned content area and maintain current knowledge in the related field
- Develop and/or revise curriculum according to course design standards
- Create course materials that ensure academic quality and that support successful student attainment of learning outcomes
- Must be able to work as part of a team and must value collaboration
- Possess an educational philosophy that is compatible with the mission of Los Angeles Film School
- Download and use the school's chosen communication methods
- Efficiently and professionally support students with clear communication, concerned care, creative and timely solutions to problems
- Provide excellent and timely student support
- Maintain accurate academic records, including grades and student communications
- Utilize student feedback to continuously improve course instruction and make curriculum recommendations
- Work to resolve student issues to ensure academic success
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend functions that are needed to support The Los Angeles Film School community
- Other duties as assigned
- Be proficient with industry software like Nuke, Syntheyes and Maya.
- Experience with Photoshop, Houdini and Unreal Engine is a plusExpert understanding of Compositing foundations, techniques and practices.
- Understanding of the visual effects pipeline
- Must provide a portfolio with work samples of Visual Effects Compositing. (Please include link to sample work)
- A minimum of 4 years of professional work experience in a related field is required.
- Prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level preferred.Demonstrate teaching and organization skills
- Outstanding conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated time management and detail-oriented skillsDemonstrated English communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated physical, visual, and auditory capacity to work on a computer and communicate effectively with students via telephone and computer.
Education and/or Experience:
- REQUIRED: Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited institution required.
- REQUIRED: Must have 4+ years of verifiable work experience in a related field is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Suite, and Zoom.
- Proficiency using Nuke, Syntheyes and Maya.
- Experience with Photoshop, Houdini and Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Preferred experience in online/distance teaching.
Environmental Factors are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
When in office:
- Indirect sunlight
- Fluorescent lighting
- Space can vary from very quiet to some talking
Physical Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Demonstrated ability to lift and carry equipment up to 10 pounds
- Demonstrated physical, visual, and auditory capacity to work on a computer and communicate effectively with students via telephone and computer
- Demonstrate physical ability to use a computer, a mouse and Wacom
- Demonstrate ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand
Emotional and Mental Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Supporting students with positivity and empathy
- De-escalating student issues
- Exposure to stressful and/or emotional student circumstances
- Meeting deadlines for various tasks including grading and curriculum development
- Teaching and developing curriculum can be challenging at times within excelled time frames
- Sense of isolation if not accustomed to remote work
- Stress related to self and time management
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team