Accreditation and Compliance Manager
- - Human Resources
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 85000 - 100000
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
The Accreditation and Compliance Manager provides accreditation guidance for a wide range of activities related to the Los Angeles Film School's institutional accreditation requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the institution's accreditation liaison for the institutional accrediting agency, the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and other state agencies as needed.
- Remains current with ACCSC requirements and informs the appropriate University leadership of pending or new requirements.
- Provides guidance to faculty and academic leadership on accreditation guidelines and the impact on academic and student programs and policies.
- Coordinates and guides institutional accreditation activities with faculty and staff.
- Oversees the writing and submission of accreditation correspondences including substantive and non-substantive modifications, self-study reports, annual reports, and other reporting, as required.
- Attends professional development conferences and trainings to remain current in higher education accreditation practices.
- Creates on-going, accreditation-related trainings for faculty and staff to foster an environment of continuous improvement.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Travel, may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is expected to remain current on issues and trends in higher education accreditation.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to manage time, projects, and resources to meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish priorities and deal with numerous projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage long-term, multi-faceted projects with diverse participants.
- Ability to solve problems and create solutions that are consistent with the values of the school.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and collegial environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- An earned degree from an accredited program in Higher Education, English, Communications, or a related field
- Three years of experience in higher education accreditation, assessment, and/or compliance
- Prior experience as an institution accreditation liaison and/or experience with ACCSC
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to learn and navigate systems and sites as needed.
Work/Environmental Factors are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to meet with staff and access information and constantly operate a computer and other machinery such as a copy machine and printer. Must have the visual acuity to work in a variety of systems and programs. May have occasion to reach, kneel and bend and to lift 5 -25 lbs. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Emotional and Mental Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Must possess emotional stability in work relationships to engage in productive dialogue and conversation.
- Must possess flexibility to work effectively in a growing organization in an evolving field.
- Must possess social adaptability in human relationships to communicate effectively.
- Must possess critical, analytical thinking and organization to achieve success within the processes this position manages.
- Must possess the level of perseverance and organization to meet multiple and competing deadlines.
This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts