Audio Production - Pro Tools Instructor
- - Education
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401-K, FSA, Life, EAP, PTO
The Los Angeles Recording School, a division of The Los Angeles Film School, a leader in entertainment arts education, is seeking instructors for our campus Bachelor of Science in Audio Production Degree. The Audio Production program is a study of modern recording technology and techniques in music, postproduction, and the workings of the entertainment business.
We are looking for creative, passionate individuals preferably with a background in training or teaching to work with our student body of creatives from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds. The school provides a benefit package to full-time instructors.
Please read the Experience and Education Required section below. Our accreditation requires verification of education and work experience. We cannot consider applicants who do not meet these requirements.
The ideal candidate should possess experience and a solid understanding of:
- Industry standard practices in audio for Music, Television and Film.
- Professional music mixing and mastering techniques.
- Pro Tools and common plug-ins used in the music industry including Melodyne and the Pro Tools Ultimate plug in bundle.
- The theory and operation of analog recording gear including console signal flow.
- Sound design and its theoretical foundations.
- Additional skills in Music recording and production are also desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Those that must be performed with or without an ADA Accomodation)
- Serve as the instructor for assigned course(s) or course sections with the responsibilty of teaching, advising students, and completing administrative duties related to the course(s).
- Participate in open houses, campus events, and other campus activities.
- Create and maintain an engaging classroom environment conducive to student learning.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of course materials consistent with industry standards and stated learning objectives for the course and program as directed by the Program Manager/Director.
- Provide academic support to students via in-person and virtual online meetings, phone, and e-mail.
- Assist in developing and implementing retention initiatives.
- Grade subjective examinations and other work.
- Monitor and lead online discussion boards and chat activity.
- Ensure student's successful completion of course objectives and learning outcomes.
- Maintain accurate academic records including grades, attendance and student communications, in full compliance with federal and state privacy laws
- Perform these responsibilities with the highest professional standards consistent with the vision, mission and strategy of the Los Angeles Film School.
- Create a culture of teaching excellence on campus.
- Stay current in the field of teaching and learning.
- Maintain a positive attitude, a desire to help others, and a passion for educating.
- Must have excellent communication abilities, both verbal and written.
- Must be proficient with relevant industry tools.
- The school operates 16 hours per day, 7 days per week. Classes and administrative hours are primarily daytime on weekdays, but weekend or evening duties may be required at times.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Music production or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in live sound production
- Proficient with Mac OS
- Proficient with standard office applications (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive)
Physical Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Demonstrated ability to lift and carry equipment up to 25 pounds
Emotional and Mental Demands are those that are required and performed with or without an accommodation.
- Fluorescent lighting
- Frequent use of computer screens and other tech devices
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts